Sport has been in short supply with nostalgia replacing live events in recent months due to the coronavirus pandemic.
While some sports have returned and others are on their way, it’s still a far cry from what we’re used to at this time of year.
So, to keep you on your toes, we have put together this 50-question quiz covering a wide spectrum of sporting disciplines.
Let us know how you got on by posting your score on our CoventryLive Facebook page.
1. Which major UK horse racing event took places just days before stricter coronavirus measures were implemented by the government?
2.. When the Premier League football season was suspended, Liverpool were 25 points clear. Which three teams complete the top four? (a point for each correct answer)
3. Which Premiership Rugby team was docked 105 points for salary cap breaches this season?
4. The 2020 Olympic Games were due to be held in what city?
5. England cricket (men) won an away Test match series earlier this year 3-1 – against who?
6. Who won the 2020 American Football superbowl?
7. Basketballer Kobe Bryant tragically died following a helicopter crash in January. For which NBA team did he play his entire career?
8. England Women’s football side participated in the SheBelieves Cup in March with the United States and which other two nations (a point for each correct answer)?
9. Which male golfer was top of the world rankings before the season was suspended?
10. Only one tennis major has been played this year, in which country?
You can get your Coventry and Warwickshire news straight to your email inbox – and it’s FREE!
All you need to do is sign up here.
The emails come out twice a day, at lunchtime and in the evening, with the latest news, what’s on and sport from across Coventry and Warwickshire.
11. The 2020 Forbes Rich List was published last month. Who was the highest ranked British sports person with an estimated $57m of earnings?
12. Who was top of that overall sporting list with $106.3m of earnings?
13. Who has won more Scottish football top division titles; Celtic or Rangers?
14. The boat race between the universities of Oxford and Cambridge was cancelled in March. Which team would’ve entered it as the winners the previous year?
15. Who currently tops the World Snooker rankings? (A) Ronnie O’Sullivan, (B) Judd Trump, (C) Neil Robertson or (D) Jimmy White
16. Which country topped rugby’s Six Nations (men) table before the campaign was paused?
17. Which female Russian tennis player announced her retirement in February?
18. Gareth Southgate is the current England football (men) manager. Who did he replace in the role?
19. The 2020 Ryder Cup (golf) is due to take place where, Europe or America?
20. Who is entering that event as holders of the cup? USA or Europe?
21. Who was awarded an MBE for services to sports broadcasting and promoting women in sport in the 2020 New Years Honours List?
22. True or false, was wrestling removed from the 2020 Olympic Games?
23. Who was top of football’s Championship, League One and League Two before the season was suspended due to coronavirus? (A point for each correct answer)
24. The Formula 1 season is set to start in July in what European country?
25. Which was the first professional sport to return in the UK following the suspension for coronavirus?
26. Which heptathlete’s triumph at the London 2012 Olympics won the best British women’s sport moment in a recent BBC Sport vote?
27. The Last Dance is a sporting documentary about which American basketball player?
28. The England rugby team announced in May it was to change kit suppliers to which brand – which is normally associated with football?
29. Premier League football recently announced the number of substitutes allowed per match was rising from three to how many when the season resumes?
30. How many professional rights has boxer Anthony Joshua (below) lost?
31. This year’s Grand National race at Aintree was held digitally due to the real event not being able to take place. Which horse won the 2019 version of the famous event?
32. Who is the current PDC darts champion? (A) Peter Wright (B) Phil Taylor (C) Michael van Gerwen
33. England’s semi-final penalty shoot-out exit to Germany in football’s Euro 96 was recently replayed on television. How many subs did England make in that 120-minute match?
34. Who are the reigning Netball Superleague champions? (A) Loughborough Lightning (B) Surrey Storm (C) Wasps Netball (D) Manchester Thunder
35. In what event do participants compete for the yellow jersey?
36. Who did Manchester City defeat to lift a third consecutive League Cup in March?
37. Which New Zealand rugby legend has recently announced he will return to action, aged 38, to play for the Blues in Super Rugby? (A) Richie McCaw (B) Dan Carter (C) Keven Mealamu (D) Joe Rokocoko
38. Which American tourist attraction is set to host the rest of the NBA basketball season?
39. Which Irishman recently declared himself to be the second greatest MMA fighter of all time?
40. Which side was top of the Betfred Super League Table when the season was suspended? (A) Wigan Warriors (B) Castleford Tigers (C) Leeds Rhinos (D) Warrington Wolves
41. How old is football commentator Alex Scott (below)? (A) 28 (B) 32 (C) 35 (D) 40
42. Who is the current golf Open champion?
43. Which Leeds United legend passed away in April aged 76?
44. WBC Light welterweight boxing champion José Ramírez is what nationality? (A) American (B) Mexican (C) Puerto Rican
45. If Lewis Hamilton wins the 2020 Formula 1 season, how many career titles will he have won?
46. Which countries top the FIFA men’s and women’s football rankings? (A point for each correct answer)
47. Which England Rugby World Cup 2003 hero turned 41 in May?
48. England cricket (men) are set to play against which side in a three-Test series next month?
49. If, as expected, Liverpool lift the 2019/20 Premier League title, how many top flight league titles will they have won in their history? (A) 17 (B) 18 (C) 19 (D) 20
50. Which heavyweight boxing belt does Tyson Fury currently hold (A) WBA (B) WBC (C) IBF (D) WBO
1. Cheltenham Festival
2. Manchester City, Leicester City, Chelsea
5. South Africa
6. Kansas City Chiefs
7. Los Angeles Lakers
8. Japan, Spain
9. Rory McIllroy
11. Tyson Fury
12. Roger Federer
13. Rangers 54 to Celtic’s 51
15. (B) Judd Trump
17. Maria Sharapova
18. Sam Allardyce
19. America – Whistling Straits Golf Course, Wisconsin
21. Gabby Logan
23. Leeds United, Coventry City, Crewe Alexandra
26. Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill
27. Michael Jordan
31. Tiger Roll
32. (A) Peter Wright
33. None – no subs were made
34. (D) Manchester Thunder
35. Tour de France, cycling
36. Aston Villa
37. (B) Dan Carter
38. Disney World
39. Connor McGregor
40. (A) Wigan Warriors
41. (C) 35
42. Shane Lowry
43. Norman Hunter
44. (A) American
46. Belgium (men) and USA (women)
47. Jonny Wilkinson
48. West Indies
49. (C) 19
50. (B) WBC