PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Aari McDonald, Jr., G, Arizona (Fresno, Calif.)
2 GP, 34.0 ppg, 3 rpg, 1.5 spg, 23-29 (.793) FG, 2-6 (.333) 3FG, 20-20 (1.000) FT
• Put up 34 points per game in Arizona’s road victories over Chicago State (Nov. 12) and then-No. 22 Texas.
• Broke the Arizona single-game scoring record with a career-high 44 points against the Longhorns, shooting 14-for-18 from the field and making all 14 of her free throw attempts.
• Became the first player in school history to score 40 points in a game, while her 44 points were the most any opposing player has scored against Texas at Frank Erwin Center.
• Led Arizona with 24 points in an 82-50 win over Chicago State, going 9-for-11 from the floor and 6-for-6 from the free throw line.
• Has now scored at least 20 points in her last three games.
• This is the fourth-career Player of the Week honor for McDonald and the 45th all-time for Arizona.
Also nominated: Sara Anastasieska, CAL; Emma Clarke, COLO; Ruthy Hebard, ORE; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Lexie Hull, STAN; Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA Aliyah Jeune, USC; Haley Van Dyke, WASH.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Taylor Jones, Fr., F, Oregon State (Forney, Texas)
3 GP, 14.7 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 2.7 bpg, 17-30 (.567) FG, 10-12 (.833) FT
• Recorded 14.7 points per game and 6.0 rebounds per game in No. 7 Oregon State’s victories over Pacific (Nov. 11) then-No. 18 DePaul (Nov. 14), and Missouri State (Nov. 17).
• Put up a career-high 24 points (9-15 FG) in the Beavers’ 98-77 win over then-No. 18 DePaul, adding nine boards and three blocks in the performance.
• Contributed 14 points and seven rebounds in OSU’s victory over Missouri State in the preseason WNIT title game.
• Has now scored in double figures and grabbed at least seven rebounds in three of her first four collegiate games.
• This is the second-consecutive Freshman of the Week honor for Jones and the eighth all-time for Oregon State.
Also nominated: Leilani McIntosh, CAL; Jaylyn Sherrod, COLO; Jaz Shelley, ORE; Haley Jones, STAN; Lola Pendande, UTAH; Ali Bamberger, WASH.